Weekend update and some random sports ponderings...
Well, it was a great weekend! I have had a heart condition that afflicted me for over 5 years, and I found out last Friday that it has been healed! All I know is God is good and it was in His time that I would be healed. Now, to cover some things that have taken place since my last blog entry:
---What was that Georgia girl thinking? I mean, I've heard of wedding day jitters, but to start a statewide manhunt?LOL I found it humorous that Alberqurque found her "amusing". Is that what we call breaking the law these days?? Best case scenerio: Make her pay for all the law enforcement that got duped, and toss her in the slammer for a couple months. That ought to make her think twice about ditching her wedding day.:)
---Laura Bush was on FIRE. If Tony Danza can get a show, why can't she? Her jokes were hilarious. You could say she's rising and her hubby's not.
---Does any normal American understand the whole ethics deal, fillibusters and all?? I must have skipped that course in high school.*G* Sounds to me like the Republicans want to take the "check" out of checks and balances. They didn't have a problem preventing 10 Clinton judicial nominees from even having a VOTE.
Ok, enough politics: ONTO THE SPORTS!!!
---Boy did the Reds gak on themselves tonight. Takes a special bullpen to blow a 9-3 lead going into the 9th inning. The 3,000 (or so) fans remaining probably wished they were driving home instead.
---Another MLB player gets busted. YAWN. Bud Selig wants to tighten the penalties. Um, didn't see him complaining when MLB was getting rich off of McGuire/Sosa/Bonds (read: hypocrite). Forget 50 games-you use it, you're banned. Period. This makes the whole fiasco over Pete Rose look like nothing.
---Quite a wreck in that Neckar race on Sunday. Yeah, those restrictor plates REALLY make things safer. It's a miracle no one else has been killed by one of those wrecks. I'm glad I watched Fox and didn't shell out the $300 bucks to watch 25 cars get piled up and cause a 45 minute delay. (Wasn't NASCAR supposed to rival the NFL soon in ratings??)
---T.O. wants a new contract. Randy Moss is happy in L.A. Did I miss some lunar eclipse?? Philly got what they paid for---a egocentric millionaire who shuns his teammates but damn if he doesn't make enough plays to put them where they are (in a related story, Freddie Mitchell can pick up the white courtesy phone and pack his bags).
---And, sadly, the Pirates 3 game winning streak has now turned into a 4 game tailspin. I knew it was too good to be true.LOL
Well, that's all for tonight. May all your cards be live and your pots monsters!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home