A forum where I express my views on all things sports and politics...from both sides of view.

Friday, June 29, 2007

I finally found my blog again!

Man how time flew on this one! Now I can get back down to business! On with the sports!

- The NBA Draft held to form last night with the 1st and 2nd picks and I had this feeling like...
"If a tree fell in the forest and no one heard it, did it fall"?
Does anyone really care about the NBA? It should stand for "No Basketball Association". The past NBA Finals was about as boring as it gets. One happy note: As a Pitt fan I was happy to see Aaron Gray get selected by the Bulls, but doubtful he actually can make their roster.

- The Pittsburgh Pirates have maintained their own irrelevance in Major League Baseball despite the gaps in my blog. They are already double digits out of first place and on their way to their 15th losing season in a row. They are absolutely, hands down the worst managed franchise in professional sports. While teams like Florida and Arizona came in and won one or multiple World Series, the Pirates are lucky to be in discussion past April. Now it's coming up to Steeler time and all the Pirates will be is a faded memory.

- And funny thing: If a walkout is staged, and no one is watching, did 10,000 people really leave their seats then?

- Michelle Wie needs some help. Seriously. Can anyone get Dr. Phil on the white courtesy phone? It's been 15 rounds in a row she's been over par. I fell fairly certain I could shoot 1 under par or at the very least even. Maybe the expectations are too great, maybe she's injured but in reality she shouldn't be playing at all because she would have shot over 90 at the Ginn tournament and been barred from all other LPGA events this year. Women's golf has many young stars going for it and if Michelle Wie doesn't get her act together, she'll be as relevant as Happy Gilmore is these days...

- Funniest thing I've heard in the last week: The PGA starting drug testing. Angel Cabrera better get out of the country now. I mean, after all, didn't you see those ripping forearms and biceps? What, that was his gut? My bad...

- Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson get docked 100 points and $100K for failing inspection. YAWN. Now, suspend them for 6 races, and prohibit their team to field a car and you'll be talking about some serious penalities.

In Politics:

- Looks like immigration reform is a long way from becoming reality. Leads me to wonder if anyone wants to decide what the heck they want. Personally I side with Bill O'Reilly's take: simple, to the point, and effective. Why does every bill have to be so complicated?

- Americans give Congress a lower rating then President Bush. Either their's enough anger to go around, or we're finally getting the message that maybe we should be educating ourselves before we vote! :)

- You read it here first: No way Hillary Clinton is the next President of the United States. America is not ready for that step, yet. I believe someday you will see the first woman president and the first african american president (want to make a statement that racism is way in the past? that would probably do it). But I don't think it will be in 2008. If Fred Thompson can seperate himself from the pack (read: Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and George Bush) I think he has an outstanding chance. Otherwise, who knows. Paging Jon Stewart?

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home